BCD Travel Venue Consultant in Kansas City, Missouri
A culture of purpose: Where will your BCD M&E career take you?
As perfectionists, artists, strategic thinkers and leaders in the industry, we believe culture is defined by its people. We are looking for exceptional people who rise to our standards while bringing their unique perspective to the table. Are you interested in adding to both our mission and our energy? If so, we want to hear from you!
Venue Sourcing Consultant
We are looking for a Venue Sourcing Consultant to join our dynamic team. In this client facing role, you will be responsible for the sourcing, negotiation, and contract management of meetings and events for your customers. The Venue Sourcing Consultant is responsible for the day to day client contact and sourcing functions. You keep projects running on time, love client service, have mastered the art of managing multiple priorities at once. Sound like you? Read on!
• Sourcing – initiate property search, leverage client preferred properties, monitor responses and prepare availability grids
• Manage contract process, negotiate T&Cs and concessions, and keep supporting documentation
• Consult with client to gather all meeting details for sourcing
• Maximize and leverage sourcing opportunities – consolidate spend, drive savings, strategic sourcing
• Exceed client service level agreements and contractual requirements
You’re good at
• Communicating with clients. You have the ability to own the room and convey confidence, knowledge of best practices in events and a professional presence at first impression and on-going.
• Relevant industry experience – at least 2-3 years’ experience
• Managing outside vendors, sourcing, and negotiating contract services
You might also have
• A bachelor’s degree
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite and database management
What we offer you
• A culture of purpose where we are invested in your happiness and career growth
• Competitive salary and benefits package
How to apply
Click apply now to be considered
Get to know BCD M&E
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning and execution. We are in the business of creating impactful human connections that matter. Connections that inspire, motivate and change behavior for our customers. As the world’s most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to drive business forward.
Headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E’s team of 1,500+ people are committed to driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves.
See if you belong at bcdme.com.
BCD Travel is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age and veteran status. BCD Travel complies with applicable laws in the countries in which we operate. We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.