Honeywell Sr Project Manager in Kansas City, Missouri
Sr Project Manager
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The Kansas City National Security Campus (KCNSC) is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) facility managed and operated by Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technology (FM&T). Honeywell manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. We research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
The Senior Project Manager leads moderately complex Program(s), Project(s), and/or strategic business process development/execution. Acts as primary Lead Project Manager for one or more specific elements weapons programs and/or reimbursable products/services. Represents Program Management Office functions for assigned program elements to internal and external stakeholders.
This position can work remotely but must reside in the Kansas City Metro area
* Summary of Duties: *
- Train employees on Flawless Launch Elements & Requirements (DFMEA, PFMEA, KC/CC, Control Plans)
- Train product/project/process engineers on tool usage
- Provide reports for KPI measures in On-Time Launch (OTL)
- Gather user needs & opportunities, and communicate these insights to the product realization team and business divisions.
- Facilitate producibility discussions
- Design and conduct benchmarking at Honeywell Sites, write-up comprehensive results and communicate actionable insights to the product realization teams. Communicate research insights to business partners and business leaders.
- Establish and share best-practices within Honeywell FM&T / Aerospace.
- Conduct educational Flawless Launch workshops for the broader Honeywell FM&T community.
- Generate user personas for each portion of Engineering, PM, & PMO and update as appropriate.
- Drive accountability of Flawless Launch elements throughout Engineering, PM & PMO
Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
20 Evaluate schedules
20 Communicate risk with internal customers
20 Facilitate flow data
20 Develops cost, scope, and schedule framework
20 Financial planning, monitoring, scheduling, and preparation
* You Must Have: *
- US Citizen and capable of obtaining and maintaining a government security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing, Program/Project Management or Communications field.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering of products, processes or programs including the application of advanced engineering technologies and/or program principles related to highly complex technical or program assignments.
* We Value: *
- Six Sigma Green Belt, Design for Six Sigma, Black Belt certification is preferred.
- Experience using Primavera / Earned Value Management
- Experience in programs used across multiple organizations or sites
- A broad knowledge of engineering and program processes and principles.
- Ability to integrate complex engineering concepts into simple to understand using HUE techniques.
- Ability to provide programmatic guidance, project management, consultative services, and innovative solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of business concepts principles associated with project cost and forecasting. Established knowledge of customers, products, technologies and processes.
- Proven excellence in effective communication, interactive and presentation skills.
- A demonstrated track record of significant accomplishments in a technical leadership position in Engineering.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries, builds relationships quickly, and deals with ambiguity. Previous experience managing remote relationships.
- Self-motivated self starter.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining data integrity and accuracy.
- Ownership and accountability.
- MS in Engineering or MBA preferred
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Remote Access Required
- Job ID: req173164
- Category: Business Management
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.