Honeywell HS&E Engineer II - Emergency Management/Fire Protection in Kansas City, Missouri
HS&E Engineer II - Emergency Management/Fire Protection
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
- Develops and conducts activities and programs directed toward preventing accidents, eliminating health and safety hazards and achieving compliance with current health, safety, and environment (HS&E) regulations and Department of Energy (DOE) directives.
- Reviews plant facilities, equipment, materials, and work practices to identify unsafe conditions and assure implementation of appropriate hazard controls.
- Reviews proposed layouts, facility design drawings and equipment specifications for fire protection hazards and documents findings for corrective action.
- Prepares applicable reports required by DOE or regulatory agencies.
- Investigates incidents to determine causes and recommends action to prevent recurrence.
- Works with plant supervision, union representation and employees to address Emergency management and fire protection requirements and concerns.
- Based upon knowledge of regulations, recommends new or revised program activities to assure full compliance by Honeywell FM&T with current requirements of laws and regulations.
- Participates in development and implementation of emergency preparedness, fire protection, risk assessment and related programs.
- Supports Hazard Assessments, Risk Assessment, and other investigations.
- Works independently to develop Emergency Management and fire protection programs affecting the NSC
Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
70 Emergency Management
30 Fire Protection
* You Must Have: *
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Safety, Fire Protection, Emergency Management or Safety Engineering with 2 years of professional level experience in Emergency Management and/or Fire Protection OR Bachelor's degree with a Fire Safety Certification and 2 years of professional level experience in Emergency Management and/or Fire Protection
* We Value: *
- Ability to work independently, guide the work of others and understand, interpret and implement Emergency Management and Fire Protection standards and procedures.
- Must possess good communication skills in one-on-one situations and group settings.
- Good writing skills required; must be able to document information and data clearly and concisely.
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Relocation Provided
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req176499
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.