HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Administrative Assistant in Kansas City, Missouri
Are you looking for a work environment as a Administrative Assistant where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Research Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At RMC, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include: * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Student Loan Repayment * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients. Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Research Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Administrative Assistant to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Job Summary: Performs highly diversified administrative duties under the general direction of the Director of Transplant, such as, coordinate and maintain an efficient office operation, and perform administrative duties of a complex and confidential nature in support of office activities to relieve the Director of various administrative responsibilities.
About this unit: *
* Positive culture with a great customer service reputation
* Team culture to handle any situation with a focus on the patient
* Implement new office methods and procedures to ensure accuracy and efficiency; ensure accurate maintenance of office records, manuals and documents keeping abreast of new policies and procedures; interpret new directives, policies and regulations and inform appropriate personnel of changes.
* Coordinate all office functions to include but not limited to, training, supplies, equipment maintenance, repairs and renovations. * Prepare, compile and analyze complex reports, proposals and documents including but not limited to financial and monthly reports and personnel records. * Assist supervisor in planning and implementing office development based on knowledge of current office operations. * Coordinate and schedule arrangements for meetings, conferences, seminars and appointments. * Perform clerical duties as required in support of office functions including but not limited to composing and typing letters, reports and correspondence; take dictation and minutes; maintain appropriate files; screen and route mail and documents or will assign others to do so.
* Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Associates degree, or two years of college-level office/business administration course work required; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Keystroke speed no less than 60 wpm.
- Good interpersonal skills required in order to communicate effectively with internal and external callers and visitors and provide information (often of a sensitive or highly confidential nature) with courtesy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Good analytical skills necessary in order to handle complex administrative details.
- Good judgment needed to assess and prioritize multiple activities for supported executive and working knowledge of multiple office software products, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Work generally requires three years of related secretarial/administrative experience to become competent in the administration of complex office functions related to medical office organization and management, communications, and supply management.
- Experience in a Medical/Surgical Clinic highly preferred
/At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life/. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women’s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a /World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/ since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09727-68685