Hallmark 3D Modeling Internship - Summer 2021 in Kansas City, Missouri
3D Modeling Internship - Summer 2021
Date: Jan 6, 2021
Location: Kansas City, MO, US, 64108
HALLMARK - WHEN YOU CARE ENOUGH YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.
Come join us. You’ll add value to one of the world’s most iconic consumer brands and be part of our company with a life-affirming purpose to inspire meaningful connections. Our products, content and experiences aim to enrich all lives by making a genuine difference in every life, every day, and our business is focused on bringing the value and relevance of Diversity and Inclusion to every brand, product and person we touch. Our overarching enterprise D&I Framework and plans demonstrate our belief and value in having a diverse and inclusive workforce. Hallmark’s D&I efforts will continue to represent ongoing progress and reinforce our commitment, as will our intentional focus on bringing more diverse talent into our business and onto our teams. Hallmark has been recognized as one of Forbes and Statista 2020 as:
ABOUT HALLMARK’S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
We need sharp, energetic people to help us create, engineer, market, and deliver our products worldwide. Through our culture of caring, connecting and creating, Hallmark offers employees the opportunity to grow their careers with an employer who celebrates their individuality and deeply values their talents.
Hallmark’s internship program (May 24, 2021 – August 6, 2021; dates may be flexible to accommodate conflicting school calendars) provides the valuable opportunity to apply your classroom knowledge to meaningful projects in a corporate environment. You not only work on meaningful projects tied to Hallmark business objectives, but you will also gain exposure to Hallmark leadership, learn more about products and initiatives, visit with employees and interns from other disciplines, and enjoy what life is like in Kansas City. Never been to Kansas City? You’ve been missing out on the city that is consistently ranked among the best in terms of culture, livability, and opportunity for recent college grads! Check out www.thinkkc.com for more information on living and working in Kansas City.
Hallmark is home to some of the most uniquely talented character artists, sculptors, modeling artists, engineers, and illustrators in the country. If you are a conceptual thinker who loves to develop characters and tell stories through illustration, animation, sculpting, and design, this team could be the perfect place for you! In this role, you will be involved in every step of the creative process from idea to shelf, including brainstorming, concept sketching, character development, digital rendering/modeling, prototyping, product engineering (including experimenting with light, sound, motion, and magic!), and creating final product solutions. If you have top-notch illustration and storytelling skills, animation and 3D modeling/sculpting skills, and a collaborative mindset coupled with a desire to tinker and explore, let’s talk!
The final deadline for all applications is March 1, 2021.
Interested? Follow the application instructions below to apply.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications (listed below) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
A portfolio is required. Your portfolio should be compiled into one PDF or Microsoft Word document that is no larger than 10 MB. You can submit a link to a personal portfolio website in addition to your uploaded portfolio file.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference checks.
The following is required to be considered for this role:
- Currently pursuing a degree with a graduation date of May 2021 (spring semester) or later. You must state your targeted graduation date (month and year) on your resume or you will not be considered.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign).
- Experience using a digital 3D modeling program such as ZBrush, Modo, Free Form, Rhino, Cinema 4D, etc.
Your resume and portfolio will stand out if you have:
- Experience specifically using Cinema 4D.
- Portfolio images that demonstrate your abilities using a 3D modeling program, from sketches to fully rendered 3D models, specifically characters and objects.
- Portfolio images that demonstrate strong conceptual and storytelling skills.
- Experience in digital and physical prototype production using a variety of materials.
- Strong character development and storytelling through your illustration, concept sketches, etc.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Highly collaborative with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of technology, consumer, and design trends.
- Self-starter, curious, and willing to learn.
- Prior internship experience.
- Hallmark's Headquarters is located in Kansas City, MO. However, all internships will most likely take place virtually. This internship will occur summer of 2021 from May 24th to August 6th (dates may be flexible to accommodate conflicting school calendars).
- The application deadline for our internship program is March 1, 2021. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our program; however, you will not be contacted unless selected for an interview.
Hallmark is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.
</span> <p class="job-location"> <span class="jobmarkets"> <br /><strong>Nearest Major Market: </strong>Kansas City </span> <span class="jobsegments"> <br /><strong>Job Segment: </strong> <span itemprop="industry">Part Time, Seasonal, Intern, Summer Internship, Retail, Entry Level </span> </span> </p> </div> <div aria-hidden="true" tabindex="-1"> <div class="applylink pull-right"> <a xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" class="btn btn-primary btn-large btn-lg apply dialogApplyBtn " href="/talentcommunity/apply/703203800/?locale=en_US" tabindex="-1">Apply now »</a> </div> </div> <div class="clear clearfix"></div> </div> </div> <aside id="similar-jobs" title="Find similar jobs"> <div xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" id="similar-jobs-label">Find similar jobs: </div>