SSM Health Ultrasound Technologist - Echo/Vascular in Jefferson City, Missouri
The Ultrasound Technologist Echo/Vascular performs safe and accurate Echo/Vascular ultrasound testing. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
This testing is performed as established by department policies, and as ordered by physicians, to meet the needs of patients and customers.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated above average knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and disease states as it pertains to ultrasound. Knowledge of the significance of ultrasound findings and the ability to make accurate and understandable preliminary reports to physicians and nursing staff is required. Ability to operate and understand computer equipment, including the EPIC & PACS computer system is required. Above average knowledge and proficiency with ultrasound equipment and testing procedures is required. Above average ability to handle extreme variances in workload and to handle a demanding call schedule effectively and independently. High level of interpersonal/communication skills is required in order to effectively relate to department personnel, physicians, health center staff, clients, patients, and their families.
- Operates ultrasound equipment to obtain ultrasound images of designated structures as ordered by physicians or set forth in established department procedures: 1. Operates ultrasound equipment; adjusts for optimum results.
- Assists physicians in rendering medical diagnosis by producing images of acceptable quality, assessing and evaluating ultrasound images and related data.
- Obtains and reviews patient’s history, physical examination information and supporting clinical data to facilitate diagnostic results.
- Provides physician with written summary of findings and technical factors encountered.
- Responds to emergency requests that may occur during and outside the normal working hours to provide 24-hour coverage.
- Verbalize knowledge of and demonstrates compliance with internally developed policies and procedures that comply with standards and recommendations of government agencies, and JCAHO.
- Notifies appropriate personnel as to abnormal or unusual results or of specific patient requests or conditions to maintain primary concern for patient welfare and safety.
- Maintains communication with physicians and nursing personnel about department procedures and ultrasound concepts.
- Maintains effective relationships and communications with medical staff, support personnel, nursing staff, patients, and their families concerning treatment and testing.
- Prepares patient for procedures; providing instructions to obtain desired results, gain cooperation and minimize anxiety.
- Graduate of an approved ultrasound school
- 2 years experience working in the field as an ultrasound technologist
- Completion of Echo/Vascular registry with the American Registry of Diagnostic Sonographers (ARDMS) or registry from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) in ultrasound specialty
*About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City *
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Req ID: 18011985
Primary Location: Missouri-Jefferson City-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City (0011) 2505 Mission Drive Jefferson City, 65109
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 65109
Weekend Rotation: Full Time, Days
Normal work hours: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Job: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City (0011) 2505 Mission Drive Jefferson City, 65109