ICF Consulting Group, Inc. Program Manager – Disaster Management in Jefferson City, Missouri
ICF’s Disaster Management division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters. Our functional expertise is in program management and operations, planning and preparedness, technical assistance and training, strategic communications and outreach, compliance and monitoring, and performance measurement and evaluation. Clients include states and localities administering United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) funded disaster recovery programs.
ICF's Disaster Management division seeks a Program Manager who will lead the Program Management team for HUD funded Community Development Block Grant- Disaster Recover (CDBG-DR) and Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) activities and projects in Puerto Rico. The person selected for this role will lead large-scale and resilient disaster recovery and/or mitigation programs in areas impacted by natural disasters. The successful candidate will be charged with the flawless execution of programs, anticipating and meeting client’s needs and strategically positioning the company’s resources and expertise to grow the business. The Program Manager will work onsite with ICF senior and junior staff and subcontractors to deliver program management support to local governments and nonprofit organizations (subrecipients) across Puerto Rico.
The ideal candidate will be a proven Disaster Program Manager with a track record of superior execution and growth and will be responsible for ensuring that programs are positioned to optimize disaster grant resource allocation, build strong solutions to impacted areas, and provide strong risk management. This position represents an exceptional opportunity to join an expert team to facilitate change and help make a lasting difference.
• Lead the development, coordination, and operation of various large, complex CDBG-DR or CDBG-MIT funded programs• Serve as the direct interface with state/local client agencies, including high-level elected and appointed officials, as well as senior program staff.• Lead coordination and control over execution of all program’s activities, schedule, budget and scope.• Lead all necessary high profile, program-wide public presentations and meetings, subrecipient meetings and government or non-government stakeholders’ meetings• Lead, coordinate and evaluate performance of all project staff• Monitor program performance status and establish necessary tools for control over programs results• Maintain a complete understanding of all applicable program policies, requirements, procedures, guidelines; and shall possess knowledge of regulatory and statutory compliance requirements for CDBG-DR/MIT and similar programs/projects. • Ensure all program participants, including subrecipients, vendors, and stakeholders are aware of any policy changes• Manage multiple subcontractors simultaneously.• Serve as the key project interface with ICF leadership, delivering updates on milestones/challenges, and using data-driven reporting and analysis to inform decisions
• Bachelor’s Degree• 10+ years of overall program management experience• 5+ years of CDBG or CDBG-DR project management experience including program start-up through implementation and closeout• Experience with or understanding of HUD’s CDBG-MIT program • Demonstrated success managing complex cross-functional teams to achieve high levels of production, meet tight deadlines, and deliver compliant, quality work products.• Willingness to work in and travel across Puerto Rico as necessary
• Bachelor’s Degree on higher education in Planning, Engineering, Architecture, Program Management, or similar degree
• Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Demonstrated success in program execution, client relationships, and profitability• Proven track record of leading a team and accomplishing successful business results• Experience with state and local governments, and the types of initiatives necessary to help them rebuild their economy and culture following significant disruptions, such as natural disasters• Demonstrated ability to internally monitor all program and project activities to ensure quality control and quality assurance and be prepared for Federal audits of program activities• Familiarity with emergency planning, mitigation planning and using grants management systems• Ability to formulate strategies to create new, creative approaches and profitable solutions
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities• Strong written and verbal communication skills, emotional intelligence, critical thinking skills, and integrity and ethics• Team player with the demonstrated ability to build organizational capability, motivate teaming partners/staff to ensure high levels of engagement, and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management Software)• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish fluency or literacy preferred
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Remote Office (FL99)Need help? We're here:ICFCareerCenter@icf.com
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.