St. Mary's Good Samaritan Patient Care Technician-PCU in Jefferson City, Missouri
The Patient Care Technician is responsible for provision of patient care activities and related non-clinical activities necessary for care of patients and maintenance of nursing units. These duties are performed under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Physician. Duties would include, but not be limited to, personal care, venipuncture, and fingersticks in order to obtain lab specimens.
- Take Vital Signs and do fingersticks on patients and report abnormal findings to RN.
- Observe for verbal or non-verbal complaints of pain and report abnormal findings to RN.
- Observes for skin irritation and breakdown and report abnormal findings to RN.
- Observes for changes in mental status: notes changes in alertness, oientation and mood and reports abnormal findings to RN.
- Observes for changes in strength and coordination in patient and reports abnormal findings to RN.
- Provides personal hygiene for patient by assisting or completing bathing, oral care, linen changes, shaving and hair care.
- Follows directions for patient activities including turning, chair and ambulation.
- Provides dietary assistance to patients by passes trays and snacks in a timely manner. Feeds or assists patient with meals/snacks as needed.
- Provides for orderly patient areas. Clean and tidy rooms, remove extra equipment, linens, keeps over bed tray clean and clear of excessive items.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Missouri CNA license or have completed Fundamentals of Nursing or EMT
- Previous experience in direct patient care or relevant education; background in medical field which can be applied
*About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City *
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
Primary Location: Missouri-Jefferson City-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City (0011) 2505 Mission Drive Jefferson City, 65109
Job: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Req ID: 18012175