Anthem, Inc. .Net/SQL Server Developer - Business Information Consultant - Program Integrity in Jefferson City, Missouri
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it is a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we are creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
.Net/SQL Server Developer (Business Information Consultant) – Program Integrity - PS36423 Location: Anthem Office Location
At this time, Anthem will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The Business Information Consultant serves as a .Net / SQL Server Developer within the Product and Efficiency Team for the Program Integrity (PI) organization. This position is a member of an agile development team with Product Owners as business representatives to work directly with the business and other IT solutions teams that enable the business to drive business efficiencies and compliance. Focus will be on both maintenance of legacy systems as well as newer, more innovative technologies and capabilities, and multiple integrations to other Anthem systems.
The Program Integrity Team focuses on ensuring accurate financial claims processing, and reducing admin costs to bring the best value to the health care program. Within PI, the Product and Efficiency team focuses on combining optimized processes with best in class technology to bring the most value resulting in lower health care cost and higher value to the member. This position works with all levels within the Program Integrity Business to write both front end code (using MS ,NET) as well as backend code using (SQL Server) within an IT delivery team and multiple vendors to implement the provider audit transformation program. The Bus Info Consultant is expected to program in full stack. This position requires an individual who is highly motivated, a self-starter and who can communicate effectively and understands IT delivery, from a provider and payer perspective.
· Creates, updates and maintains Front end code in MS .Net
· Creates, updates, and maintains database elements such as tables, triggers, SQL code, and integrated ETL code to perform business functions. This can also include reporting on business performance. Develops tables, views, and other SQL Server items in order to provider a performance-driving database for both operations and reporting. · Creates updates and maintains integration points with other systems including WebServices, Microservices, Control M, Tidal, and other ETL technologies. · Creates updates and maintains Reports, using SSRS.
· Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures. · Develops and analyzes business databases (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies. · May require taking business issue and devising best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools. · May make recommendations based upon data analysis. Provides analytic consultation to other business areas, leadership or external customers. Data analysis and reporting encompasses a much higher level of complexity. · Provides project status updates as required · Works side by side with their manager. Partners with other .Net Developers, and other integrated tech tools. Partners with Product Analysts and users to understand requirements. Provides demos to the user base when development is completed.
· Requires a BS/BA degree in related field (e.g, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Information Management, Computer Applications, Software Engineering, Business Information Technology);
· Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with rapidly evolving business needs.
· Strong analytical skills, high attention to detail, and proven ability to be an innovative problem solver.
· Skilled in MS .Net, SQL Server, ETL, API (JSON), PowerPoint and Excel, SQL. · Must have agile experience. Highly articulate and able to present ideas in a compelling and thoughtful manner.
Preferences: · Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail. · Database performance tuning experience is preferred. · Proven experience in a SAFe environment is preferred. · Experience in Atlassian products such as Confluence and JIRA. · Prior experience working at a large management-consulting firm is highly preferred.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 Diversity Inc. magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at Careers.antheminc.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran