St. Mary's Good Samaritan EMT-Paramedic in Jefferson City, Missouri
Under supervision and in collaboration with other health care professionals, assist in performing a variety of nursing care services for patients.
- Receive patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN) in charge.
- Perform blood sugar finger sticks, airway suctioning, sterile and non-sterile dressing changes, staple/suture removal, urinary catherization tract care, specimen collection, assisting with procedures, and other related duties within scope of training.
- Collect and document data for the admission assessment and reassessment at specific times for patient population. Document and provide appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for analysis and validation of patient’s response to care or treatment and when significant change occurs in the patient’s condition.
- Maintains knowledge of dysrhythmias and inform licensed nurse in a timly manner of any changes in patient condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant other educational needs.
- Prepare patients for discharge and accompany them upon dismissal as indicated.
- Stock and maintain supplies and equipment in keeping with patient care needs and cost containment. Utilize time and supplies economically and conscientiously. Turn over rooms after each patient use: Clean carrier, change sheets, restock supplies, dispose of trash, ensure equipment returns to its proper place, and take care of instrument trays according the current procedure.
- Assist with delegated clerical duties such as answering telephones, relaying messages, preparing and organizing the patient's medical record.
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate lead placement for routine cardiac monitoring and 12 lead EKG. Perform 12 Lead EKG on patients according to hospital policy and procedures.
- Monitor patients that require constant cardiac monitoring wile being transported between departments.
- Perform blood draws, IV initiation, and medication administration according to hospital policy and procedures.
- Perform other duties that correspond to the overall functions of this position.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Certified EMT-Paramedic by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians and the Missouri State Department of Health. National registry provider level of NRP must be active.
- Current Missouri driver's license and driving record which meets hospital standards.
- One year clinical experience in an acute care facility required.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
Primary Location: Missouri-Jefferson City-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City (0011) 2505 Mission Drive Jefferson City, 65109
Job: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Req ID: 18008329