Oracle Systems DevOps Engineer in Chesterfield, Missouri
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
This is a remote/office based position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
· Manage large global virtual infrastructure (Oracle VM and VMware), including hypervisor installation, patching, and troubleshooting
· Perform hardware/software installation (including new datacenter buildouts and capacity expansions), system configuration, and upgrades of high availability Oracle VM, Linux and Windows systems
· Create and update technical documentation (server configuration, backup and recovery procedures, security standards and remediation, etc.)
· Provide Systems escalation support to the Operations Center
· Perform Disaster Recovery and High Availability testing of Oracle VM and VMware environments and maintain related documentation
· Manage multiple on-going concurrent projects
· Follow Change Management and generic datacenter related policies and procedures
· Automate repetitive tasks on both Windows (using PowerShell, batch, and/or VBScript) and Linux servers (using Bash, Perl, and/or Python)
· Analyze performance statistics (cpu, memory, disk I/O, network throughput/latency, etc.) and implement solutions to resolve issues should they occur
· Review weekly and monthly Qualys scans and remediate as needed
· Participate in Security Audits (PCI, HIPAA, and SOC2) and Penetration Testing to ensure compliance
· Develop and enhance Cookbooks/Recipes in Chef and/or Collections/Playbooks/Modules in Ansible to remediate security vulnerabilities and maintain Systems Configuration Standards
· Provide mentoring and direction for junior engineers/admins
· 5 or more years of experience managing large virtual environments (Oracle VM or VMware)
· 8-10 years of work experience as a System or DevOps Engineer in Linux and Windows environments
· Strong experience with Virtual Infrastructure management - Oracle VM (preferred) or VMware
· Strong working knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash, Perl, and Python (Linux) and PowerShell, batch, VBScript (Windows)
· Experience with Configuration Management tools like Chef, Puppet or Ansible
· Experience with Version/Source Control software such as SVN or Git
· Ability to apply critical thinking/problem solving skills in order to resolve complex technical issues in a timely fashion
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
· Customer focused and team oriented
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Preferred additional skills:
· Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent combination of relevant experience
· Certification(s) in Linux/Windows Administration or Cloud Operations
· Good hands-on experience with Oracle/SUN, HP, Dell, and IBM Hardware
· Familiarity with Agile Development Methodology and Jira
· Willingness to learn new technologies
Title: Systems DevOps Engineer
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 2000164M