U.S. Vision Optical Manager in Cape Girardeau, Missouri
U.S. Vision is one of the largest eyewear companies in the United States. We have been engaged in the retail optical business since 1967. We are the second largest independent operator of optical stores in host retailers in terms of store count and the first in terms of the number of brands. We are located in 42 states and operate our own state-of-the-art manufacturing laboratory in Blackwood, NJ.
This person manages the operation of the store, supervises its optical staff, keeps the store profitable and well-organized, and ensures a pleasing experience for shoppers. In addition, he or she delivers excellence as an optical sales leader. This position is involved in hiring, coaching, developing and evaluating staff, in cooperation with the District Manager.Eyewear is more than just clear vision; it is also a fantastic opportunity to express one’s individuality and identity. If this is something you are excited about, read on!
- 1+ years of management experience in retail; fashion industry a plus
- Able to use computer systems for sales, ordering, timekeeping, payroll and HR activities
- Analytical and math skills are needed for tracking and understanding sales metrics and other performance statistics
- An interest in fashion eyewear and an eye for style is highly desired.
- Polished customer service skills and a real ability to understand your shopper’s needs. The ability to handle and seek to resolve customer complaints if they arise, with tact and good outcomes
- Good skills in supervising others, and mentoring them to generate customer satisfaction and sales
- This job involves standing for extended periods of time, some walking within the store, some bending, lifting, and organizing of wall displays of frames.
- Must be reliable and punctual in attendance to keep store hours and coverage in the store. Must be flexible for scheduling, and able to work weekends and holidays, and special sales events as required Our company offers excellent benefits and a competitive compensation plan. We are an equal opportunity employer. Drug Free
- This position requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens). This position regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person. Working environment includes primarily indoor work. Physical requirements including standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, hand/eye coordination, finger dexterity and reaching overhead
US Vision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and an inclusive, accessible workplace. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at US Vision are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
US Vision is a Drug-Free work environment. We participate in the E-Verify program.
Requisition ID: 2020-6724
# of Openings: 1
Brand: JCPenney Optical
Address: 200 West Park Mall
Position Type: Full Time