SMG Director of Finance in Branson, Missouri
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Director of Facility Accounting for ASM Branson Convention Center. The Director of Facility Accounting assists in the development and implementation of company goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and ASM Global policies and procedures.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Develop and implement all financial reporting, including:
Prepare financial statements for the Client and ASM Global Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, annual budget and annual report.
- Direct the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Analyze financial performance and cost analyses for all departments; prepares monthly financial statements, recommends appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
- Prepare statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Direct internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
- Coordinate preparation of Client or external audit materials and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested
- Coordinates year-end report of fiscal performance for the General Manager's report.
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and ASM Global policies and procedures.
- Monitors ASM Global compliance with all provisions of the management contract.
- Maintains contact with ASM Global's risk management department and insurance broker for coordination of appropriate coverage.
- Reviews all contracts for client, events, subcontractors, food and beverage or concessionaires.
- Reviews and/or prepares event settlements.
- Reviews and executes all checks and deposits; reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements.
- Monitors and projects daily cash flow; invests excess cash as needed.
- Reviews all purchasing of capital assets, office supplies and facility supplies.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of any new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls.
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the finance department. Directly supervises the Finance Department employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- B. S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university.
- At least 5 to 7 years' experience in public accounting and/or financial management
Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required.
- Strong supervisory skills
- Extensive knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Experience with ADP or similar payroll systems desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CPA a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including management.
- Ability to work irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet strict deadlines.
- Must have professional attitude and appearance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for review of statistical and other financial records and information.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled